Customer Service
Or Emergencies
Hearing Impaired

Programs Offered

Emergency Home Service Line Repair Coverage

Many homeowners are unaware that they are responsible for their home’s water and sewer service lines, which run from the home to the street. Fixing a broken service line can be expensive, and it’s usually not covered by basic homeowners insurance.

To offer you coverage plans that can protect you from the expense and inconvenience of interior and exterior home plumbing repairs not covered under basic homeowners insurance. Visit to obtain no-cost information about repairs, hear what others are saying about the optional programs, and more.

HomeServe Emergency Home Repair Coverage

California Alternative Rates for Water (CARW) Program

The CARW Program offers income-qualified customers a $7.40 per month discount on their water bill.

Conditions for Participation

  1. The water bill is in your name.
  2. You may not be claimed on another person’s income tax return other than your spouse.
  3. Your total yearly household income (the income or aid received by all persons living in your home)-before deductions-is no more than the income level shown below.
  4. You may be asked to verify your income. If you do not reply or are found not eligible, you may receive corrected billings.
  5. You will be reminded to renew your application every two years.
  6. You are a residential customer with a 1 inch or smaller water meter.

What counts as income

Total household income is all revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to:

  • Wages or Salaries, Interest, or Dividends from
    • Savings Accounts
    • Stocks or Bonds
    • Retirement Accounts
  • Unemployment Benefits
  • Rental or Royalty Income
  • Scholarships, Grants, or other aid used for living expenses
  • Profit from Self-employment (IRS Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 29)
  • Disability Payments
  • Workers Compensation
  • Social Security, SSI, SSP
  • Pension
  • Insurance Settlements
  • Legal Settelments
  • Food Stamps
  • Child Support
  • Cash and/or other income
  • Spousal Support


Maximum Household Income
People Per Household 2016 Income Guidelines
1 – 2 $32,480
3 $40,840
4 $49,200
5 $57,560
6 $65,920
7 $74,280
8 $82,640
Add for each additional household member over 8 people $8,360
Ingreso Máximo en el Hogar
Personas Por Hogar Directrices De Ingreso 2016
1 – 2 $32,480
3 $40,840
4 $49,200
5 $57,560
6 $65,920
7 $74,280
8 $82,640
Agregar para cada miembro adicional del hogar más de 8 personas $8,360


Verification of Income

You may be asked to verify your household’s eligibility for the CARW Program. If requested, you must provide proof of income for all persons living in your household. If you do not reply or are found not eligible, you may receive corrected billings.

If you currently qualify for California Alternative Rates for Energy (CARE) with Southern California Edison or The Gas Company, you may be asked to provide a copy of your current electric or gas bill.

How can you apply for CARW Program

If you currently qualify for California Alternative Rates for Energy (CARE) with Southern California Edison of the Gas Company, you will be eligible for CARW.

To obtain an application, click here for English or Spanish. If you have any questions about the CARW Program, please call our Customer Service Department at (562) 923-9671 or (800) 727-5987.

Military Relief Program

The purpose of this program is to implement the California Families Financial Relief Act of 2005. This act provides water utility services shut-off protection for a 180 day period to families of service members who are called to active duty.

A qualifying household is a residential household for which the income is reduced because the customer of record, the spouse of the customer of record or the registered domestic partner of the customer of record, as defined by Section 297.5 of the Family code, is a service member called to full time active military service by the President of the United States or the Governor of the State during the time of declared national or state emergency or war.

To receive extended payment terms, please fill out the following application and mail or deliver it to Liberty Utilities. If you have any questions, please call our office (562) 923-9671 or (800) 727-5987.

Please wait...
Send a message

Sorry, we aren't online at the moment. Leave a message.

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
Chat Now

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online.

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
We're online!

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?